What Is Love? - By Natasha. A
What is Love? It's one of those things everyone has a different answer to. And even once they reach their own personal definition lots of questions are attached. When's the right time? And most importantly how do you know when it’s real?
Love vs. lust...With both creating such strong emotions it’s easy for the line between them to blur. Personally where I think the line is drawn is lust being just a need to feel a physical want, whereas love is a need to connect with that person on every single level. Emotionally. Spiritually. Physically. Don’t get me wrong physical attraction is important. Chances are if there wasn't any most relationships wouldn't even begin.
I can’t count the amount of times I’ve heard the word love being thrown around. So if it’s real how come some people find it so easy to fall out of it? Makes you wonder if it was actually there in the first place.
In the bible there are lots of examples of great loves Mary and Joseph, Abraham and Sarah and of course where it all began Adam and Eve. Relationships built on strong connection. Doesn’t really sound like anything I’ve heard lately. So does that mean love is now non-existent anymore or the meaning of it has just adapted like everything else in society?
Sooo... to sum up it seems love is just is one of those things that are hard to define even for the people that are in it so I'm not even gonna try and make a definite assumption. The only thing I know for sure. But i will leave you with the biblical explanation of love which helps shed sum light on it.
1 Corinthians 13:4-84- Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, and it keeps no record of wrongs

No comments:
Post a Comment