Wednesday, 13 February 2013

Valentine's... By The Live 31 Team

Loving Yourself - By Tayo. E


“I’m not good enough.
 I’m not beautiful enough.
 I’m not smart enough.”

Three questions.

Says who?
Why does what they say matter so much?
What gives them the right to dictate what you are?

When I first heard ‘loving yourself’ I just thought of telling you, *prepares American accent* Girllllll, you don’t need no man to love you before you can love yourself etc etc. 
As true as that is, it’s pretty cliché right
?

When I say loving yourself, I mean loving who you are, loving what you are and also loving how you are.
I reckon this is such a touchy subject because I believe everyone faces insecurities one way or another. Trick is to not let it define your existence.
It seems like a difficult thing to do, but it’s only really as difficult as you choose make it.

The fact that ‘no one’ seems to appreciate you doesn’t mean you aren’t important. 
Christ died to save you. He is the true epitome of love – please understand the depth of this. You are that special.

You were made by a perfect God. He cannot and never will make a mistake.  His works are wonderful!

This was something written by a sister of mine and it encouraged me.

“As you look at yourself in the mirror, think about at least 3 things that you like about yourself. 
Take the time out to thank God for it because there is no one like you.
You are beautiful.
You are one of a kind.
And you are fearfully and wonderfully made.”


I just want you to know that you are such a significant female, a true beauty and blessed creation. Never let anyone tell you different. 
Love and respect yourselves.
Beauty radiates from within you. Give it a chance to shine through, be thankful and appreciate your being.

I’ll leave you with this,
Psalm 139 
and also 
Genesis 1:27 NKJV 
“So God created man in His own image; in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them.”Love and peace.
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment