Wednesday, 13 February 2013

Valentine's.. By the Live 31 Team

Loving God - By Rebecca. A

As an individual who grew up in church and is surrounded by friends and family who constantly talk about the Lord I automatically placed myself in the category of 'a person who loves God' However in the last year, events have occurred where God has challenged me to think twice, in which I came to the conclusion that I loved material things and idolised people who if I walked past would not know my name. But Christ  is more important and more powerful than anything and anyone and he knows my name and knows yours too.
 Often at times at the start of a relationship, many may be sceptical about the other persons feelings towards them, maybe due to the lack of times he/she calls or the lack of hints they give you,  but with Christ he's told us that HE LOVES US...(John 3: 16) So what’s holding us back into getting to know him. We make so much effort trying to impress people that don't know us and some that frankly don't want to know us but with God, not only does he KNOW us but he also wants to transform us to be the best that we can be. Why waste time LOVING things that will one day fade away, why not place your love in him who loves us more than we can ever imagine, and laid his life down for us so that we can one day meet him. John 14:15 says 'if you love me, keep my commands' if we don’t know his commands, we wont be able to keep them right? Where do we find his commands?..in his word. So I encourage you guys including myself to make an effort in getting to know the God that we serve or the God that we want to serve. Lets start opening the word to find out more about Him, lets take time out of our days and pray and meditate on His word.  Lets not only be hearers of the word (James 1:22-25), lets start DOING, BEING and LIVING for Christ.

Bible verses to think about:
1 John 4:19 -  'We love because he first loved us'

Acts 13:22 - God testified concerning him: ‘I have found David son of Jesse, a man after my own heart; he will do everything I want him to do.



No comments:

Post a Comment